View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Natalie, I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time with the UTI.

I go for # 29 tomorrow. I saw my neuro on Wednesday and we have decided that after this infusion I will be going every 6 weeks rather than every 4 weeks. This time I actually waited 5 weeks because of New Year's and I didn't have any problems with it....so, I'm hoping that every 6 weeks will work out well for me.

Every neuro I've spoken to has suggested 6 weeks between infusions after the 24 month period. But, Natalie, I'll be very interested to hear if 8 weeks works for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So far no one has mentioned taking 1/2 a dose I'll have to ask about that tomorrow. Perhaps my infusion nurse will know something about that. It would be another alternative. I'm trying to decrease my chances of PML by having less infusions. I don't know if that will work or not but until they have developed the assay to determine who is more likely to get PML I can't think of anything else to do. For me stopping the infusions is NOT an option. I'm doing so much better on Ty that I can't believe the difference it has made in my life

On another note...my husband is slightly upset with me because I forgot to mention that there are now 28 cases of PML. I heard about them while we were in California last month and I was so busy with the grandchildren that it slipped my mind. I'm trying very hard not to dwell on PML and other negative things. I really think that staying as positive as I can and trying not to get stressed every time I hear the words PML is in my best interest.

It's sad that we have to get most of our info from articles pertaining to Biogen's stock But, for them the bottom line is money even though they claim that they are interested in what is best for the patients.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (01-08-2010), Riverwild (01-07-2010)