View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Hi All,

just wondering if any other parts of the world are experiencing a Mestinon shortage, well really I can't call it a shortage, because there seems to be none to be had here in western australia

My usually very excellent pharmacist can't get any, and the supplier, or manufacuterer says there won't be any until at least the 18th January.
So I have rung my neuro to see if he can get any for me from the big public hospital up there. Heres hoping he can get some for me.
Hope you are all doing better than me
Kate
This is terrible! I can only imagine life without Mestinon, I would probably not make it past three months since without it I can't chew, can't walk, can't see,can't talk,can't read.... the only thing I can still do without help is breath and my heart pounds with any small effort to move around while I lie in bed. I don't want to think about living like that because that is not living.

Now I realize I should keep an extra supply. I don't get extra Mestinon since it gets so hot here and the Mestinon does not store well in the heat (even in the winter our house gets hot in the afternoon since we try to heat it with the sunlight when possible). Is it fine to keep Mestinon in the refridgerator? If not, I will find the coldest place in our house. I am ready for a refill now and only have enough for another week. I better go get it today so I don't run out.

Kate I hope you find a solution.

This is bad, bad, bad!

I am so thankful for Mestinon, with Mestinon I am able be mostly normal for about 3 days out of every week. For the rest of my days I appear normal as long as I keep my efforts to a minimum.

I don't mean to add stress to this situation for you, but I am worried for all those other people who need Mestinon including myself. Without Mestinon I feel like it is a death sentence (for me) and I am sure I am not alone. I am glad now that I have trained myself to stay calm, because otherwise I would be in a panic right now and then my MG would get bad.

Okay, I just called in my Mestinon refill and they are able to refill it and I can pick it up this afternoon. Hopefully there is not a problem.

I hope you find a Mestinon source.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote