View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle bug7 View Post
To offend you was not my intention. I guess i am passionate about it as my son was addicted to valium and xanax. I remember him laying in bed suffering from withdrawels and it broke my heart....
Bless, Doodle bug7
I understand and appreciate your concern. Addiction is something a good many of us on this planet struggle with -- from the legals to the kinda legals to the outright illegals.

I want to extend the story to you that I smoked cigarettes for 10 years until this May. This May, 5 months before my TN started, I used Chantix to quit smoking. I was preparing to graduate from college and my college was going smoking-free and as an aide they offered all the students (12,000+) the option of coming in and getting a health evaluation and free Chantix.

Chantix is about $150(US) a month and no insurance covers it yet. I was able to quit on May 20th and have never looked back. I haven't had one cigarette, not one puff, not one "hey man let me hit that". NOTHING. DEAD QUIT.

What I am saying is I have my own stories of addiction so I have been there. They say nicotine is harder to quit than heroin so I am thankful to have quit. I feel healthier (though I gained about 15-20lbs -- NYE RESOLUTION haha) and I feel like I can do anything (though, that feeling has been squashed a bit by the TN.....)

At any rate, addiction to xanax, for me, will be an impossible task due to the fact I don't obtain it on the street.

I must admit, I will talk to my GP on the 15th and will report back my findings.
Random is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote