View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

My doctor is helping me to help myself, and as cheaply as possible.

So we take my SOMA, or, if I am taking tizanidine (which I switched to SOMA), anyways, you take your bottle of medicine and use a small coffee grinder or stone and pestle grinders, and you grind up the medication to a fine powder. Don't sniff the powder!!! Keep it covered. Now take a cold cream - any non-irritating, not too thick, cream or lotion, and for a regular 8 oz. amount, I'd put in about 4 pills worth of the powder and stir it carefully and then use that to put on my hand or arm. I don't use it more than once a day, and I haven't had any skin reactions to it at all.

Please be advised and careful to ask YOUR doctor if you can use your muscle relaxer in this way, and if they have any problem with it. Each person is different, I am not a doctor, and I am only sharing something that has helped me, but under my own doctor's care. So please before you do this get, do it with and under your own doctor's care.

Having said that, for me, I was having horrible stomach problems and digestion problems and skin rashes by swallowing the pills. The cream seems to calm the skin and pain and soaks in and does what it should without going through my whole digestive tract.

Again, don't do this until you've asked your own doc. Thanks.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
trixlynn (01-08-2010)