View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Goalie,

Sorry for your reason for coming here, but it is the right place for any answers that may be available. This group has seen anything of value that is out there. I have 40 plus years of experience living with concussion. Others have extensive life experience too.

Like kate said, some more history would be helpful. What meds are you on? What meds does your doc not want you to become addicted to?

What kind of symptoms? Are mood swings? Just irritability and outbursts or do you get badly depressed and have anxiety issues?

What age are you? The ED could be from neuro causes, medication causes, or male andropause. I understand your frustration. The fatigue can also have multiple causes similar to the ED.

Some starter issues for you to consider. Are you on any kind of vitamin and/or other dietary supplementation yet?

What are the stress levels in your life?

Have you tried to learn or develop any work-arounds or other accommodations for your symptoms?

What, if any, cognitive and/or memory problems do you have?

Have you had a neuro-psychological assessment? What other diagnostic tests have you had?

What kind of insurance company is requesting you see their doctors? health insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance? There are some needs to be careful about what doctors examine you at an insurance company's request. Gordon Johnson, brain injury attorney has some serious concerns in this area. See www.TBILaw.com

And an important factor to consider. What is your complete lifetime history of any head injury or concussion? Even high fevers or getting blotto drunk are issues of importance.

Knowing your location will help with referrals.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussionkate (01-08-2010), vini (01-09-2010)