View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think this is going to be easy to keep clean...at least the desktop. I've got stuff strewn all over it right now, and it's bugging me. I like the way it looks when it's clean. So, no problem there with keeping the dust piles down.

I already told our cleaning lady that she's allowed to clean my desk. Just dont touch the computers.

Now I want a new computer. My big Gateway computer is just huge looking on the desk, and it's LOUD. I'm just trying to get the updates on the computer done, and get the antivirus updated, then I'm going to turn it off.

I might rearrange the top of the desk tomorrow. I have two spaces where I can put the Gateway under the desk in it's own little cabinet. (well, only one has a hole to access it with power cords and cables right now) I might shove the Gateway in the cubby so that I can have the look of an uncluttered desktop.

Plus the stupid thing is SO LOUD!!! It's irritating me. I got used to the relative quiet of my iMac. I'm hoping that the noise from the Gateway isnt it going thru the death throes of a crashing hard drive. I think it's just dirty inside and needs a massive de-dusting. (I'm afraid to open it, and dont know how. waiting for boyfriend to come and dust it for me. I'm paying him hazard pay to do it)

I think my next computer will be a Mac Mini. Small, wont clutter up my desk. I can carry it in my purse to take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple store for upgrades and repair.

I am really impressed with myself that I managed to get the Gateway hooked up to the WiFi without having to call my boyfriend to ask him how to do it. I cant believe I remembered how to do it. The MS had been sucking my ability to follow simple directions right out of my head lately. Surprising that I figured it out.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote