View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Request info on prenatal vitamins.

I’m 46 & just found that I’m pregnant! For the past year, I have had symptoms of menopause (night sweats, occasional hot flashes, etc). In Oct. I went to my gyn because I had missed two cycles. The gyn then put me on AYGESTIN, did a FSH test and told me to come back in two months. When I asked what if the med doesn’t work, his reply was that it would work & he blew me off. Well needless to say, I went to another gyn (just last week) & he did a pregnancy test plus other blood work. My hemoglobin is low (10.8) which he suggested taking Tandem iron tablets. With the 2nd gyn dr, he also did a one hour glucose test (I didn’t know that I would be taking this test & had a coke & pizza a couple of hours before the test). My result came back around 163, the norm is 130. I have looked at the Primacare website & think the vitamins are too pricey, plus the B complex I take is actually better (stronger) except for the folic acid. I am wondering if I should take Metafolin to compensate for that. Also, would any “regular” Omega 3 fish oil product (with EPA/DHA) be just as good as the Primacare vitamins? I tried a regular brand fish oil capsule the other day (during the morning) and felt nauseated afterwards. Any advice? (note I am already halfway along with the pregnancy).
freckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote