View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussionkate View Post
Hey Goale48,

Welcome. I'm sorry you have been struggling with this for so long! The frustration and confusion are awful!

I am not the most knowledgable member here, but I can offer you support and an ear to vent. I'm sure the others will be along shortly to offer suggestions for you.

Can you give us some more history about your accident, the meds you are on, and any therapies you are trying? Any information can help.

Again, I'm sorry you find yourself here, but it's a great place to find people who understand what you are going through. It has helped me so much to have people listen to me and give me practical advice.

Thanks so much - a little history-
Well it was a car accident - head on into concrete wall - I dont remeber much about the first few months after - grade 3 concussion - I went for rehab for the accident and the doctor stopped it saying more harm than good and shut me down for another 3 months - the only meds are cylexa - and tylonol 3 - the docotrs - say all my sympotoms like fatigue amnesia, mood swings, anxiety etc are normal - and its the brains way of healing - no additional therapies - had a cognitiuve test once - results were bad - and it may take years or this is the way it is - I can't work - or play for that matter - exercise by walking or pool - the doctor said pool is great if I get dizzy and fall it won't hurt - really funny eh?
my kids, family and girlfreind are very supportive not so the ex-spouse ( divorced long before the accident) - have been on accident benefits since the accident about 40% of wages - now insurance company wants me to see their doctors - very nervous about that - for sure - but maybe they can help?
that why I am at a loss for help and I appreciate it all
Regards
goale48 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vini (01-09-2010)