View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Flector for 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
My pain doc RX'd these. Gave me a couple samples which I tried, seemed to help.
just got my RX in the mail.

This is, from what I gather, some form of NSAID. Any of you familiar with my story know this; that I've had C spine issues for years - and pain left untreated.

I won't kid you, it's not like I feel great. But they do take some of the edge off.

I know a lot of you don't want to take a lot of meds or have trouble with taking certain meds. This may be a good deal for some people.

This is a fairly new med so you may not have had experience with it - I'd never heard of it (but it was worth trying).
If you've tried it, please chime in with your good/bad review.

If not and you're curious, just ask. I'll let ya know what it's doing for me.
Hi All. New here. Thought I would relate my experience with Flector. I have been using it for about 3 months. I have pretty bad arthritis in my lower lumbar area causing lots of pain and shooting nerve pain down my right leg into my foot. I was walking around bent over and couldn't get up from chairs and couches without help. Was going to a pain doc who was doing steroid epidurals and had me on Norco for the pain. I am also on Ultram to control the arthritis I have in the rest of my body. The steroids helped for a little while but scare me and the norco works some but has to be increased as I kept getting use to it and the docs hate prescribing it because of the DEA hassling them all the time.
Anyway, I got a Flector patch from my hip doc to try on my back and it seemed to help so I got a scrip from him. The difference this has made in my life is amazing. Seriously, I have no more pain in my lower back just some stiffness and no shooting pains anymore. I do have to wear one around the clock and I noticed that there was a build up of relief. It didn't happen over night. Took a few days of continuous wear and the pain comes back if I try and wear only one a day instead of two (these are insanely expensive).
I called Flector because I was concerned about the NSAIDs and my stomach, which reacts really badly to them, and was told that only 1% of the drug enters your body systemically through the patch as opposed to the same amount taken orally. I am having zero stomach problems with the patch.
I make sure to thoroughly clean the area each time I remove one to avoid skin problems and have experienced no rashes, itching etc. to date. They do feel weird, like a cold wet noodle, on my back but I will take that over my pain any day. They stay on ok but I think that is because my underwear keeps them on. My son tried them on his middle back and he couldn't get them to stay on even with tape.
I will keep using these (despite the cost) as long as they work because I no longer need epidurals or pain meds (except for the Ultram for total body arthritis relief and I may even try getting off that). So 5 starts to Flector!
faeriefreak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote