View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Well, look at the prices. I can't go there right now, so I don't have a clue.

Prices reveal quite a bit. I don't really know how good krill oil caps are compared to other EFAs...but I do have a problem with fishing that food, which is needed by whales. Doesn't seem very "green" to me.

B12 doesn't have to be in a spray. Cheap old tablets work fine.
Is that spray methyl form? If not, skip it. Take on an empty stomach...studies show oral works within a month to raise B12 levels.

Same with D3... spray, just increases cost, because you pay for the aerosol pump which is pretty costly. I just looked at it, and it is a premetered spray....very expensive.
This is the D I use for my husband and me:
http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D-3-Hig...els/10421?at=0
$8.00 for 4 months supply!

Every once in a while the sprays come out again. Then die off again.
There are D ointments coming out... on RX now. D will be absorbed thru the skin it turns out.

There are people who just have to have a fancy thing. If you can afford it, buy it. For those of us who need and use many things, cost becomes an issue. I buy quality and try to find the most economical sources. Metered pumps are just not necessary for these two nutrients. (they were designed to provide micrograms of steroids for nasal instillation.) The nutrient in a metered pump is pennies a dose, and the pump is over 90% of the cost.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ann-elizabeth (01-08-2010), Kitt (01-08-2010)