View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzlrogue View Post
Hi Vanna,

The problem I have is that I have a very narrow opening around my spinal cord which means that there isn't a lot of room to place the leads let alone insert a paddle. So in order for me to have the paddle inserted, they will need to cut some bone out to make room for the paddle. Regarding my arms/neck area. The opening is even more narrow and my surgeon will NOT cut any bone there which was another reason I ruled out having the upper part being done. You are probably asking.....why would she want to even get the paddle then???? It's a question I have asked myself many times. The number one reason is to be active in my son's life. I want to be able to go to the park with him....have a snowball fight....chase him around the house. I can't do that now. It's sad when my son has to ask, "Mommy, how do you feel today? Can you play with me?" The worst is when I tell him that I can't. Or when I am restricted to my bed because the pain is so bad I literally can't get out of it, my son will come in and either lay with me or ask if he can get me anything. He shouldn't have to take care of me at age 6. WOW! Sorry about the sob story!!! Anyway, that's why they are taking a little piece of bone out. It is well worth it if I can be more active with my son. Plus, I'd like to be more active period. I'd like to try and start golfing again. I really miss that!!!

Thank you so much for concerns. I really do appreciate them. How was your recovery after the implant? I'm wondering what realistically to expect. I know what I've read and I know what my nurses/doctors say but I'd like to hear from people who have actually gone thru it.
Kz, check your pm, I left you a message
vannafeelbettr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote