View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm still in the process of arranging it...and rearranging things...and re-rearranging things.

Once they come cut some air holes in the two cabinets that were built to fit a computer tower, I'm going to put my Gateway in one of those cabinets. I didnt realize just how huge my Gateway is. It takes up more than it's fair share of space on the desktop.

If I hide it in one of those cabinets, then I will definitly have the space for my sewing machine when I want to use that on the desk.

I've been putting some books in the shelves, but I dont want to get too much stuff in there yet till I get my tv set up. Not exactly sure where to put my components for the tv yet.

I feel so short next to this thing. I can reach the third shelf, but anything higher up I'm going to have to have a ladder. So, that's where I'll be putting books that I probably wont need too often.

I hope I can keep this thing looking neat, and that it wont end up looking like the "before" picture of my old desks. I dont want my desk ever looking that bad. I think because this looks so nice, I'll be more inclined to keep it looking good and wont let it get that bad again.

It's already got me trying to clean out the rest of my room. I have a pedestal bed, with drawers underneath to keep things in...instead of having normal stuff like socks and sweaters, those drawers are filled with assorted bits of junk. I'm going thru those today, cleaning things out and actually getting clothes put away, rather than keeping a herd of laundry baskets in the corner, juggling dirty stuff and clean stuff between the baskets.

At least my room feels cleaner, and neater...even tho I've got to get new carpeting (or at least get the current stuff re-stretched and tacked down again) and the whole room really needs a couple of coats of paint. Plus the walls have some damage from my old dog, and from being a construction zone for a few weeks. Have to get all that fixed before the room looks really good.

I'm just glad to have a grown-up, adult desk, and storage. I've been feeling overwhelmed with all my junk floating around the basement, and the whole place was feeling like a big mess...and having MS doesnt really inspire me to want to clean a lot. Anything to make things easier for me is exciting.

Plus, if I ever get married and move out, my parents will have one heck of a nice sitting room down here if there isnt a huge bed taking up space. They could put shelves on the wall and turn the room into a library. If I ever inherit the house, that's probably what I'd end up doing to this room. Bookcases and comfy chairs to read in. (I dont expect to inherit the house...it'll probably get sold to finance taking care of my parents when they get older)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (01-10-2010)