View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

one of my friends is rescuing lizards by taking them into the warm house...they are deathlike when she finds them but recover well in the inside cage. she will release them when the cold stuff is over, tho it seems it is going to last well into next week and still be below normal going forward

we have seen strawberries almost triple in price here since last weekend
and yes, the citrus farmers as well as the many fern/orchid etc nurseries are really worried

the stream out back of my house had a thin layer of ice yesterday morning after an overnight frosty 24 deg!! and all the water birds that usually fill it at this time of year are nowhere to be seen.

I am really concerned for the many homeless people in Florida too. some have gone to shelters but what of the many who live out in the rural woods.

many of the homes and schools etc here dont have heating either...we dont really ever need it beyond for maybe one or two cool nights a year usually

some people dont even own a coat...thankfully Floridians have been turning out in droves to the donation points with blankets and warm clothing, especially for the many school kids and elderly folk who need them

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (01-09-2010)