View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default brain fog/ work protocols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I'm taking both baclofen for spasms and (I forget) for nerve pain. I'm also on high dosage of antiDs. I've been on the ADs for many years, so I'm used to the level of forgetfulness they cause. With the two new meds my memory is impaired. When cog fog hits I'm in big trouble.

I am a secretary to the Senior Principal of a law firm. It's a demanding job, requiring a sharp mind. My boss notices my memory lapses and I am worried. I want to explain to him that its the meds I take (and I don't take them even every day), but I'm afraid to open that can of worms. I spoke to our new office administrator (a great 25 year old girl, but lacking in experience) and she had no advice as to when, or even if, I need to speak to my boss about it.

I set reminders on my computer, have sticky notes everywhere, never go anywhere without a pen and pad, in case any one stops me with something I have to handle, but I still forget things: my notes are insufficient, I forget to set my reminder, etc.

How should I handle this? Any input? Of course I really need my job.
Hi, Just wondering if there are not many laws on the books, affording protection and legal rights for those who are health challenged? The right to privacy, and protection for ones position, irregardless of how ones fellow workers might assume to "know" what is real or not. Seem to recall this is fundamental and foremost, the right to keep it private,(as in right to not incriminate oneself). Hope you find the perfect sources for great empowerment. I know I have read workplace protocol, but my own foggy brain cannot recall where... Perhaps it was in the stroke recovery literature? It is heroic to keep working under the strain of illness and side effects necessary to keep working. You are a 'hero' to me for sure! Best wishes TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Catch (01-20-2010)