View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Mel - not to alarm you, but when something similar happened to my Dell, it crashed not too long after that.

BACK UP your pc asap.

My laptop was getting a boot error, asking for a cd to boot. The boot sequence switched itself and the only way I could boot it up was to go in and reset it back to *boot from hard drive*. Worked for a while, but still got an error msg - I forget just what that said.

Got blue screens, all kinds of stuff. DS did save all my stuff. I got a new hard drive and put it in, ds put my files on it for me, no probs since.
I have no idea how to back up anything. All I need a pc for is to go on the internet. I would really like to buy a laptop but my husband is on this thing day and night and I don't think a laptop can be used DAY AND NIGHT, can it. I would replace my desktop with a laptop and plug it in exactly where my desktop is now plugged in. It wouldn't be moved around, it would stay on the computer table. But wouldn't it burn out or something. I wouldn't need to recharge it because it would be plugged in the same way my HP is now plugged in.

Can a person replace a desktop with a laptop and continually use it?

Just curious.

I really never get near this. My husband practically lives on this thing. He says "it makes me forget my neuropathy pain".

So if it does do that, who am I to tell him "get off".

He wouldn't listen anyway.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote