Thread: Pets!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
We have a MainCoon cat-11 years old.
We have a MainCoon cat too. Rocky is a cheeky 6 year old brown and white tabby boy and he chatters all the time. He's just finally grown into his big paws this past year weighing in at 17 lbs this Christmas. We got him to help keep our other Maincoon company who we adopted as a mature guy looking for a new home. Sebastian was a little man in fur, in fact they both are. Sadly this past summer Sebastian got very sick and we were not able to save him.

Rocky loves to be pampered in every way and refuses to eat any canned food, just wants shrimp. He begs for treats by sitting on his hind legs begging with his front paws like a dog and follows me every where too. He jumps in my arms when I've been away for too long and always manages to bring his toys to my feet so I can play catch with him.

We also have a koi pond with a couple dozen or so koi and goldfish. Sebastian never did pay them much attention but when Rocky arrived on the scene he thought he had died and gone to heaven. He worked very hard to try to catch a fish until one day he finally fell in. What a mess he made. He's much smarter now and manages to lean over the edge of the pond bracing himself while allowing just one paw to dangle over the edge just above the water ready to swoop one up. "Fish are Friends" is the motto around here but I don't think he always listens.
Thankfully he's never caught one.

Since my husband is away working it's been very lonely around here but Rocky keeps me good company and I find it very rewarding caring for the little guy, he's part of the family.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-09-2010)