View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Happy talking, talking .......... not.....

I am having a problem communicating....... well with spoken communication, and I don't know what to do to make things any better.

I've had a little difficulty with words and getting them out at the right time before, but today I went to London by car with three people I know really well, the conversation was fun, I laughed a lot, but every time I tried to speak it just didn't work, and away things went, out of my grasp, and into something that I was unable to participate in......... I spent the whole return journey unable to talk, except in total platitudes - so when it came time to get out of the car I could do the polite things, and say thanks, how nice of you to take me, and so on, but hardly said a word in two hours, utter brain freeze.......

When I do manage to speak I often think that I am not finding the right words, or to formulate sentences easily - my lips and tongue that won't do the right thing, instead of tripping over my feet, right now it seems to be my tongue.....

Does anyone have experience of this and know what to do, how to get that easy flow back again - or it this something that I am going to have to live with, and get used to. I would love to hear from anyone who has this difficulty, both to share with their experience, but also to see whether there are things out there that actually do help.....
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote