Thread: Pets!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is so funny Kim, who would have thought there were 2 Main Coon cats named Sebastian.

We have a family of Raccoons that live close by to our house. A couple of months back I heard this noise like some one was knocking on the window and Rocky was all excited so I went to check it out. We have floor to ceiling windows in the sun room of our basement level and when I went around the corner I could see the family of raccoons were up on their hind legs on the window, like they wanted Rocky to come out to play. As soon as they saw me they took off back into the forest beside our house. Now I'm very careful not to let Rocky out because wild raccoons can be quite vicious. Actually I'm more worried about an eagle getting him as we have lots of those around here too. What was it like to have a tame raccoon? What do they eat?

Mrs. D, I thought my cats were big but 24 is huge. How old is Queen Sheba? I've never heard of cats begging like this before but it doesn't surprise me that other Maine Coons do it too. They are quite unique characters aren't they. Here is a picture of Rocky in action. If I didn't know better I'd say he was praying just by looking at the picture alone. There is also a picture of the 2 boys chilling with the fish.

I wasn't fortunate enough to have children so in a way the cats have helped to fulfil that gap for me, I couldn't imagine life without them and even though Sebastian is gone now he's still in my heart.

Big hugs to all.

MsL
Attached Thumbnails
Pets!-scan0001-jpg   Pets!-fish-friends-jpg  

Last edited by Mslday; 01-09-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (01-13-2010), loretta (01-09-2010), mrsD (01-10-2010)