View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Lots of people use only a laptop full time.
I think the main concern is make sure it has plenty of cooling room under the fan area, they can over heat.

The main difference is that with a tower - if you need to replace an internal part it's pretty simple, lots of room to work in those big boxes.

With a laptop it's a much tighter fit and maybe generic parts won't fit.
I think if the main board dies then it is sometimes toast.
But I've never taken mine apart and don't plan to until it does croak. LOL

But the manufacturers do rebuild & refurbish them, so it is possible.

But I've seen replacement parts online for laptops so I know it's do able.. keypads, screens , memory , hard drives etc..
So we'll laptop next time.

Oh, I have a good question for you. About hyperlinks inside emails.

In the past, if someone sent me an email, and they included a blue hyperlink in the email (say for example), this thread, in the past, if I got a response, the url for this thread would be in blue and I could just click on it, and WHOOSH, I'd be transported directly to this thread.

Well, Alan must have done SOMETHING to the settings, because every time there is a web address, instead of it showing up as a blue hyperlink, it's no longer blue, and it's no longer a hyperlink. It's just plain text. I have to copy and paste it to my browser to get where i want to go.

So do you know any way that I can fix this. I get lots of emails with names of url's in the email and it would be MUCH more convenient to just click on the hyperlink.

I wonder what happened.

Thanks Much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote