View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Any thoughts on this possible flare!

Dec 9, 2009 I tripped over one of many lumps in the carpet at my office at work falling into the door jam and bruising my forearm at the elbow & down my arm aprox 4-5 inches.. At the time I didn't think much of the bruised arm more of my bruised pride and was upset because this bad carpet had been a safety issue for over a year for anyone walking into the office. I had the next couple of days off, and by the next afternoon my whole arm was hurting like heck and significantly swollen clear down to my hand. So I called and went into see my primary care physician the next day ( 2 days after the fall). She took xrays and nothing broken I didn't think there was but she wanted to make sure. She sent me away with a note to my employer that it was just a contusion.
Problem is the arm is very painfull still and swelling off and on the pain now extends all the way up my arm from my hand all the way up my shoulder and into my neck. I don't know if it was related to the fall into the door jam or something else. My PT thinks I should file a workman's comp, but I don't know if this is or could be related or is it just the RSD flaring?
Not sure what to do, and is is too late to file a workman's comp claim now?
Would welcome any thoughts on this.

Befudled

TJ
tjack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote