View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannafeelbettr View Post
Today I saw a well- recommended Chiro/Holistic Healer, who addressed that a big problem RSD sufferers have is a weak adrenal gland. I ask, "What exactly does the adrenal gland do?" She says, "You know when you drink that cup of coffee and it gives you that energy boost? The energy boost comes from the caffeine stimulating the adrenal glands." "Funny," I say, "Because I never get any kind of energy boost when I drink coffee. Caffeine has no effect on me whatsoever." She smiled, and simply said, "That is because your adrenal gland is kaput, underactive, and not working properly. Most people with RSD have this problem."

She suggested some supplements to me and I am going to try them. I did an online adrenal gland test and the questions that were asked (fatigue, mood swings, trouble sleeping, weakness, inability to "bounce back" from physical activity, brainfog, short-term memory issues, etc.) totally matched me. I decided to try GAIA Herbs Adrenal Health (about $20 on amazon.com) because all it's reviews were 5 stars. Can't wait until they arrive and see if they make a difference in my "pooped" self!!!
Hi Vanna, I agree. Our immune system is not functioning up to par either. At our monthly RSD local support group meeting, we had a nutritionist speak. It's important to eat healthy fresh veg. & fruits. The #1 antioxidant in the world is the cocoa bean (a vegetable) I eat a dark chocolate that is patented -cold pressed- rather than heated. Heated foods loose a lot of nutrients in the process. If you want to know more, pm me. I'm feeling better since I changed to high anti-oxidant diet and also adrenal glad herbs too.
Take care, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (01-10-2010), SandyS (01-10-2010), vannafeelbettr (01-10-2010)