View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Help for friends BP youngster

Hi Donna, wonderfully inviting welcome.

My dear friend and acupuncturist Selena, has two adopted kids, both with major challenges. The younger daughter Grace, has been receiving treatment for BP- dx for several years. Selena is a single mom and between the kids, work and simply living she has her plate full.

I have mentioned the value of the wise folks, along with highly educated links, on this site. She asked me to begin a query, helping her to investigate the most recent specific issue challenging Grace.

Lately Grace she has been experiencing fairly intense heart rate increase as an ongoing symptom. She is on strattera 60mg, seroguel 450-500mg, and zoloft 25 mg. Her pulse is running around 135 upon waking in the am. Selena took her to the ER and they ruled out thyroid issues.

Grace has an appointment very soon with a cardiologist. One who is well respected, and a bit traditional, (I see same dr.) She re-visits her psychiatrist this Monday. I should mention she is on Medical/Medicare so options are somewhat limited.

I suspect this symptom is related to her rx and wondered if it could also be nutrient/ electrolyte- imbalance/deficiency. Neither of us have had the experience of doctors being much on the ball with most cases of side effects or deficiencies. (Nothing new in this!)

Both of us have learned to find more updated information from research and alternative medicine. This is a situation needing some expertise from those who have been there. (BTW Grace is almost 18 and normal weight/height with normal teenage habits of diet-etc... not so great... )

Any help would be appreciated. I will forward links etc... to her. I hope she will find this site as beneficial and supportive as I have. Thanks for your help. Best wishes TT
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-10-2010), Mari (01-10-2010)