View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New To Forum

I've been suffering from headaches, inability to concentrate or retain newly learned information, ringing in the ears, dizziness and difficulty controlling my temper since falling down an embankment at work in April of 2009. I have seen my general practitioner and a neurologist for these issues and have not found any relief. I'm frustrated and feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I was put on a small dose (300mg) of neurontin back in November and it hasn't helped, in fact it may be worsening the cognitive issues I've had. I do not want to discontinue the neurontin because I'm holding out hope that it will "kick in" and help me. I have only missed one week of work since the accident and I'm presently working my full schedule. I love my job and would feel like I'm defeated if I were to take time off. Nobody at work even has a clue as to what I'm going through. I will meet with clients and lose my train of thought, forget their name and within a few days forget half of what we discussed. I fear really messing up and losing my job because of this. I am on blood thinners for a heart condition and cannot use NSAIDS due to the high risk of stomach bleeds and neurologist wants me to avoid extra strength Tylenol because he fears liver damage and rebound headaches. Unlike others who have posted here, my symptoms are not worsened by physical activity, it is mental stress that wipes me out. Shovelling snow and general yard chores actually seem to be helpful for me. Sorry for being long winded, but I just felt a need to share this with others who may understand. I want to just take some time to heal, but fear that my employer of 14 years will find out that I'm having problems and may feel I cannot handle my position any longer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
jemahon4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote