View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think you will have to ask your doctor who is treating you for the pyroluria what to do. People on high dose zinc may also have neuropathic symptoms, and become deficient in copper.(it is thought the low copper causes the neuropathy from high zinc).

B6 will cause neuropathy when deficient and also when at toxic levels. So it can give confusing symptoms.

Some people report more nerve symptoms as healing takes place from any neuropathy.

Neuropathy from toxicities usually is global, and would not settle only in your arms. All the sites I see say B6 toxicity affects walking ablility and the legs. Your arm symptoms may be part of a repetitive strain issue or overuse issue with your music activities.

Well the numbness, tingling and pain is prominent in my arms, hands/forearms. But i do have weakness in all of my muscles not very prominent but i was able to lift lots of heavy weights in the past in the gym and now i cannot do this. My muscle strength may appear "normal" comparatively to other people but it isn't normal to the amount of strength i had as well as muscle bulk previously.

After taking B6 i feel a weakening of my whole body.

I am definitely having more nerve symptoms but it appears as though it is slowly improving. Thanks for letting me know thats encouraging.

Is their a blood test to test for B6 levels in the body?
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote