View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What I am hearing from you all is that this is something that does impact your life, it certainly does mine!

From all over I am also hearing messages that say we have to keep devising strategies just to be 'normal'. This is a big part of the problem for me, and I suppose a reason for why I like writing. It can be done in my time, and if I get it write the communcation is good. Then my PD friend/collaborator/partner in lifestyle can do the same and the communication grows. But I can't use this device in normal life, You cannot pass notes around, and besides unless I'm at a screen my writing is too awful to read.....

So this impact of communication must be a major one. And implies major personal losses over time......... and it changes not only our perception of ourselves, but other peoples perceptions about us. But intellectually on the inside we are mostly the same people......

I had a change of meds not that long ago that gave me back my smile. People said to me, It's astonishing, I always thought you were really p----d off about something, but now I can see you weren't. Or You seemed really sorry for yourself, and I don't get it about people who do the 'poor me' thing.

I wish there was a med that would do this speech stuff too, because I feel like I am falling back into other people's assumptions.

Tomorrow I shall go get some ginko .........

Thanks
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote