View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Problems with sleeping away from home.

As always, I was away visiting the in-laws for the holidays, and just like every year I had a real problem. It seems that, over the years, I have become unable to sleep well in anything but an adjustable bed, which is what I use at home.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t sleep very well at home either. Because of my bladder frequency I sometimes feel that I never get a full night’s rest. But when I am away from home, my bladder is the least of my problems.

No matter what sort of sleep surface I have tried, I still wake up every hour or so with nearly every muscle in my torso in a painful cramp.

I’ve tried sleeping with pillows and other devices propping me up similar to an adjustable bed. I’ve tried sleeping in a reclining chair, an option that is not always available. I’ve used air mattresses, which seem to the least-worst solution. But I have not found an effective solution.

I have assumed (sp) that this is an MS thing, but I could be wrong. Do others with MS experience this? I have to find a solution soon, because my hubby wants to take a month or two off and drive to Alaska from Connecticut. I don’t think I can endure that much pain on that little sleep for weeks on end.

Does anybody else have this problem? Have you found any sort of solution?