View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for the feedback Starglow. I ordered my supplements from i-herb based on references made on this Board. It would be like a dream come true if they help and what you say is hopeful. Also interesting about aloe vera, I will read-up on it.

My problem has been slowly worsening over time... about 20 years. It started so acutely with a host of autonomic problems after a bad monoclonal infection, then slowly improved over about five years. After which I was diagnosed and treated for autoimmune spondylarthropathy and FMS. I have also had chronic and intermittent neurological problems since the improvement, but this past year, I had two acute episodes and was diagnosed and hospitalized for gastroparesis. The GP was accompanied with postural hypotention, tachycardia, flushing, angina, intermittent fever, bladder dysfunction, arm pain and numbness, numbness in my face and mouth, migraine, tingly and painful feet, extreme weakness, etc. - all of the acute things that happened 20 years ago plus some other things.

My gastroenterologist felt that the autonomic symptoms had nothing to do with my gastroparesis and sort of brushed them off. Not so easy to brush off when it is happening to you. Well, I knew better and after so many years, I found a pattern.

Until I went to a new neurologist hoping to get some control on the daily migraine and post migraine neuralgia (arm pain and pins and needles for four months now), I was sort of lost with the complex symptomology. The new neurologist found that the neurological exam was abnormal and my conduction/emg study showed a borderline abnormality in my leg of large fiber demylation.

The neuro feels I have small fiber neuropathy. Apparently, finding the cause is difficult, if it can be found. He has ordered a lot of blood work (listed in a previous post).

I am very fortunate to have found my neurologist, a doctor who looks at all of my physical symptoms together as a whole, rather than looking at things separately. A lot has been missed over the years because of 'piecemeal vision.'

Sorry to ramble but thanks for reading... Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote