View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Try closing your eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
What I am hearing from you all is that this is something that does impact your life, it certainly does mine!

From all over I am also hearing messages that say we have to keep devising strategies just to be 'normal'. This is a big part of the problem for me, and I suppose a reason for why I like writing. It can be done in my time, and if I get it write the communcation is good. Then my PD friend/collaborator/partner in lifestyle can do the same and the communication grows. But I can't use this device in normal life, You cannot pass notes around, and besides unless I'm at a screen my writing is too awful to read.....

Thanks
Lindy
Oh, if only I could write!!! That is what makes this disease so hard to cope with, with effective meds, many of us appear 'normal' to others and I begin to feel that way myself, then I go to write out something...I work in a position too where I need to be able to communicate this way. For me, it's not really micrographia; my writing has always been on the small side, but it's as if I can't fully formulate letters when printing...the letters all sort of collide with one another and look like hash marks in the end. My handwriting is no better, that all mashes together too. Anyone find any exercises for this? I found two things:

1) I read that people with PD regain some fluidity in their writing when they close their eyes- this holds true for me but is not practical for the real world. I suspect it's one of those external 'triggers' that work for us. Lindy, have you tried it when talking?

2) I have fluidity and ease - my writing looks normal when I write on the white board while teaching. Maybe we should all carry around mini white boards and dry erase markers? lol.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote