Thread: MG Concerns
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Hi Franck, welcome to this site!
As I've got about your age, I'm curious to know what symptoms you had before the surgery and what decided your neuro to have your thymus removed. Above 65, I think it's quite unusual unless there is sign of thymoma.
Also, what was the technique used, robotic, transternal or else?
Don't worry about Mestinon, if you don't need that much, you'll soon lower it, with your neuro's approuval.
By the way, what Mestinon tablets do you take, 60 mg or else?
Maurice.
Thanks for the reply. I hope I'm at the correct place to respond (I'm trying to learn this). The neuro wanted to have the thymus removed due to the fact I am seemingly in excellent health and the quick onset of mg. I only began having symptoms in July of 2009 and thanks to the quick thinking of the neuro he ordered extensive blood work and determined it was mg. I went to a surgeon in Dallas and he performed a partial transternal and as thought by the neuro no sign of a tumor for which I'm very thankful. From what I've been told the results of the surgery won't be known for several months. The mestinon tablets I'm taking are 60 mg each. Thankfully I've not been bothered with much weakness, only problem I'm experiencing is blurred/double vision although I haven't been all that active since surgery was performed on December 16th. Thanks
Frank Rork is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
neutro (01-10-2010)