View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 01:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My symptoms just started two months ago with random numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. Then it changed into cold and burning feet.

Luckily I stumbled onto this board and benefited greatly from the wealth of knowledge and experience found here. I read and followed the advice given, and now my feet have stopped burning for the most part, although I do still have intermittent symptoms. But I have learned how to massage my feet and do foot exercises which help greatly when symptoms flare up.

I have started doing daily exercise and my hands rarely have any tingling now and the problems are mostly in my feet. I still have problems sleeping through the entire night, but I think that will get better with time and treatment. I also signed up for a beginners yoga class and hope that will help too with relaxation techniques and keeping me focused on end goal.

I'm working with a neurologist but I don't have any diagnosis yet. They ran blood tests last week and called me earlier this week wanting to run another ANA profile, so I'm not sure what's up with that yet. I see the doctor again on Thursday to go over the test results. I had no prior health issues, so I hope that works n my favor towards making the necessary lifestyle changes to reverse this situation and allow my body to heal in time.

I know some say that full recovery is rare or maybe not even possible in most cases, but I firmly believe the body can heal under the right conditions. I'm determined to beat the odds and refuse to allow this condition to control me or my life.
Starglow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-10-2010)