View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Senny,

I agree with you on the pannels like independent living skills. I went to the TSA concerences in 2004 & 2006. I kind of felt like the adult program was more geared to those with severe TS who have trouble working, attending college, coping, etc. I think the largest part of it for adults is more about the social aspect of it, rather than attending the sessions. Many of us would skip out on sessions to talk & hang out with others that had TS. I did this. At the 2006 conference I got bored and was tired of attending sessions so I skipped out on a few of them.

For me, I don't have trouble working because of my TS. I don't have any issues with college either as long as I have a few accommodations such as extra time on tests which I rarely use anymore. By the age of 21, I've pretty much learned how to cope with my TS so that's not very important to me either. I think the sessions are also probably wonderful for the newer ones that are just learning they have TS after not knowing, etc. They did have a lot of sessions when I was there.

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote