View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Interesting...

I am still in limbo when it comes to a diagnosis and it is frustrating. I also wonder about the possibility of dealing with BOTH PD and ET. Some of my first symptoms were shaky legs when I was climbing stairs, muscle weakness, fatigue, stiffness, and jerky movements of my hands whenever I moved my forearms(cogwheel rigidity). I do experience a slight resting tremor at times. It is most pronounced if I become upset about something or if my hand is resting in a certain position. I was initially told that there was a 50-90% chance that I had PD and I was put on Requip, then Mirapex. Although I responded to the meds, I didn't respond as well as my doctor wanted me to. That led me to a MDS that diagnosed me with a Physiologic Tremor. His office closed. That led me to Neuro #3 who diagnosed me with ET. That diagnosis doesn't make sense to me because ET rarely affects the legs, and it doesn't cause stiffness and pain. The Metoprolol(ET Med) didn't work for me to reduce my tremors. Valium didn't work to reduce my tremors. That is supposed to reduce ET tremors. Alcohol doesn't work for me to reduce my tremors. Alcohol is supposed to reduce ET tremors. The only thing that has ever helped with my stiffness has been dopamine agonists and Sinemet. It is because of this that I have decided to return to my first Neurologist. The stiffness that I am experiencing in my neck, upper back, across the tops of my shoulders, and my right elbow is almost more than I can handle right now. I am taking Robaxin and it doesn't do much for me. I am looking forward to my appointment with Neuro #1 in February. I just want some relief from this stiffness and pain.

All I can say is whatever this turns out to be really sucks.
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote