Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Sheds, I am surprised you have not filed a claim against the ER. Wage replacement might have been agreed to, especially if there is an understood need to just slow down for a bit.

Corki,

After a concussion, most of the damage happens after the visit to the ER. I am glad to hear you are seeing the doc on 1/20. A CT might be in order. Persistent symptoms like you mention would justify more investigation by my book.

I have read where some have tried to suggest that concussions be followed up rather than released. I would like to see the ER or Doc have a protocol of at least a phone call follow-up each day for a few days. This would go a long way toward catching the brain bleeds and other issues that are delayed. A trained person could ask a few questions and get a good idea of function and such.

There needs to be as much focus on concussions as there is for strokes.

Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I agree that people with concussions need more after-care. I did have a ct at the er; it stated that nothing was wrong. I believe that they should have taken an x-ray to see if their was a hairline fracture of the skull. I am actually taken off from school (I am a teacher) because I am having increased pressure in my head near the bump. Any time I touch the bump or near it, I become nauseated, dizzy, and pain radiates toward the back of my head. I have been resting all day and I still feel horrible. Tomorrow I will attempt to get an appointment for tomorrow, instead of waiting another week. I am surprised that doctors are not taking my symptoms seriously.

Corki
corki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote