Thread: Is it too late?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
Have i missed my window of opportunity? I started with RSD in entire arm-had scs trial but even though it helped i was afraid of making the wrong decision. I would ask what if it caused it to spread or that i couldn't run or that I couldnt take any more pain than i already was having. Fear. Fear of making the wrong choice- i am waiting on a list for possible ketamine. Now RSD has spread to my feet,lower leg and other hand. SCS only works on sympathetic mediated pain(smp) and not on symp. indep.pain(sip). My Dr. still says it will help lessen the pain but not to the extent that it would have before spreading. I have read dont do surgery once it is sip because it can cause spread-but it already has spread. Now my meds have been changed again and i wait. momof4
momof4...

Sister..it is never too late!!!!!! One of our biggest battles with RSD is to keep moving forward with options..keep exploring.. it's so normal to wonder if spread will occur and even now that it has..don't weaken!! RSD is such a gamble..spread with surgery..possibly but it may anyway!!! By the time we get to Ketamine, I read the list is long... they may have other interventions to try..Guess want I am saying is..keep moving forward staying open to other interventions..most of all don't be afraid to try em as one just may help you with your pain levels and spreading...everyone reacts differently..one thing for sure..we are all sitting ducks!!! Hope I helped you and know that I care..I am so sorry for your delimea....

Soft hugs..KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (01-10-2010), loretta (01-10-2010), Mslday (01-10-2010), SandyS (01-10-2010)