View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Writing and talking together! No Laura, I haven't........ and I have both the problems in your communication breakdown post. Something that might help with writing is doing copybook exercises. I read somewhere that overlearning can help with things like this, the process of doing it over mindfully creates a different path........

However, as a painter and artist it seems like something else kicks in and, as Ann says, the movement is from the shoulder, and apart from tiring easily, I can get things to look the way they should. In contrast writing is only legible when tiny, and then it is not visible - another case of impractibility! A fat pen helps with writing and I suspect some of the dyslexia writing aids, lilke rubber grips for pens, triangular large size pens and pencils may help with legibility and size.

As problematic for me is a kind of PD dyslexia, where I am sequencing letters wrongly, it comes and goes, but is particularly bad when writing down messages or phone numbers, multitasking again...... when I am off this affects my typing too, the sequences are wrong and I have to re-do a lot of words, though my keyboard skills are good, off and on, except for speed,

Oh, the joys of PD......

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote