View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Can a very old injury re-surface as RSD

Hi everyone,
I have RSD in the left foot and lower leg and it has traveled over to the right foot and lower leg with burning pain..it'd say I've had it for a couple of years..

About 10 years ago the garage door fell on the middle of my upper right arm. For about two weeks, I have had pain as I did when that origninal injury happened, right in the exact same place; but am also experiencing a dull aching pain in my neck, shoulder blade area and shoulder. It got so bad at work last week, I felt nauseated..

It has been very cold and damp here in Northern Cal, and I am wondering if this old arm/shoulder injury is reacting to the damp weather, although all through the years, it's never felt like this!! I also lifted some very, very light-weight luggage into the car..not at all heavy enough to cause concern...
but of course with RSD anything can flare.....and with worry I add, it can spread....My chiropractor thinks I strained my shoulder, but I didn't really do anything that strenuous, unless I have been sleeping in an awkward position...and why does it hurt in the exact same area in the middle of my upper arm..it feels as though I have been kicked by a bison...She applied ultrasound on Saturday, but that didn't help at all...

I am in between pain management docs, currently, and I really don't have a knowledgable RSD doc to ask; besides, all of you are the real experts!

I hope the weather heats up a little bit soon, so that I can rule out the dampness. Sheesh, I'm old, but I feel really old!!!!! and scared...
Has anyone experienced a painful visit from an old injury and/or how do you know if it is an RSD spread, or an isolated pain flare from an old injury , or..

Here's hopin' for some sunshine (nature's heating pad) for everyone!!!!!!
Hope4thebest xoxox
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote