View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Hope,

My RSD spread from my shoulder to my cervical spine and the occipital region of my head immediately after a series of trigger point injectitons over a period of about 4-5 months. I've always thought there was a connection between the two. And then it spread to my right leg, I badly sprained that ankle in 2001 and was in a cast for many weeks. I don't know if there is a connection or not, it is interesting that you bring it up. I walk often to keep the leg moving and I really think it has helped. I also use a heating pad a lot now that it is SOOO cold out (probably only about 12 degrees when we walked a few miles this morning).

The RSDSA has a new article posted recently about the benefits of aggressive PT on RSD. I have asked my doctor about it, he thinks that because my RSD is in my cervical spine and my head, and any strenuous use of my arms and shoulders causes severe, disabling head pain, I am not a candidate for it. But perhaps you are. The link to the article is available on the homepage of the RSDSA's website.

Good luck, XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hope4thebest (01-11-2010), loretta (01-12-2010)