View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Like I said brain injury patients often have to understand their condition better than the "experts" to get care.

Sadly, the injury makes that difficult as it often robs of us of initiative, energy and concentration. Heck, even a bit of reading can trigger headache. Luckily at NT, there are people you have been down this road and can help you with your medical questions.

Before I came here, I had no idea about the importance of diet or that PCS patients should take supplements and avoid alcohol. My useless neuro had never checked my hormone levels, discussed alternative treatments like neuro-feedback, mentioned cognitive therapies like APT or even taken my blood pressure. Hopefully your neurologist is better.

How are you doing emotionally? Some depression is almost universal. How about outburts of temper? If you're struggling, don't hesitate to seek help from a competent professional with experience working with the brain injured.

Don't lose hope. You are only (I know it feels like a lifetime) nine months in and you appear to be functioning at quite a high level and to have considerable insight. Those are good signs.

Cheers
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote