View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default HI Dana what was your Dad's Health like before his knee operation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM327 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site, so hello! My dad was recently diagnosed with MG and I've been scouring the Internet trying to find as much information as possible about MG. I've been reading this site and I'm SO HAPPY to have found it!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a Myasthenic Crises and had to be put on a ventilator to assist with breathing? How was your experience?

Basically my dad's story is that in August he had knee surgery. He recovered, came home and started to get really tired and have trouble breathing at night. We took him to the ER and he was tested and diagnosed with MG.

He's been recovering ever so slowly and beginning to wean off the vent. He has had 2 rounds of plasmapheresis, 1 round was 7 treatments, the second round was 5 treatments. The first round didn't work that well, but the second one was great! He is currently on Prednisone, and beginning to transition to Imuran. He also takes Mestinon, as I'm sure most others do!

I'm so sorry if my post doesn't make sense, or if I just rambled, I'm a newbie I'm just not sure where to start, but want to learn more. Thanks!
I had a hernia operation about 20 years ago .
Before the operation I did not snore .
After the operation I did and then started to suffer from my breathing stopping in the middle of the night.
What drugs were used in his knee operation as some mg patients are the result of drug side effects.
http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:j...&ct=clnk&gl=uk
http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-11-2010)