View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kendra,

Sorry it took so long to reply!

Are you feeling better? I'm sorry that you were sick- I hate getting sick, like anyone, but it can be downright scary with the MG in the mix nowadays!

I'm glad that you don't have hypogammaglobuneria (sp.?), but sorry that you have high platelets...There have been others here who have had the same disorder with the platelets- I remember reading about it...I wonder if there's a connection...

I'm very sorry about your mom too- I can understand yours fears about your spleen in light of the cramps and the history...

I sometimes wonder about the depression/anxiety thing with the illness. It's like, what came first? Sometimes I feel that our minds detect disarray in our bodies, which might result in some at least minute level of low-energy, general sickness, and this makes us depressed/anxious, but we don't really compute an organic cause, we just register it in terms that can be understood by both us and others, like 'depression' and 'anxiety.'

I do believe that these things can exist on their own, or that they don't have to necessarilly reflect some underlying illnesss, but I honestly feel that illness creeps up slowly sometimes and it's trickling-down effect can manifest as symptoms of symptoms, so-to-speak. Like a tree with branches branching off to other branches, and so on.

But anyway, back to the prednisone. Yes, it sucks! I started exercising last week because I figure I gotta do what I can to combat the osteoporosis. I started doing some yoga, jumping jacks (I know, not much, but it helps!), dancing (lol to 'so you think you can dance') and I feel better- stronger, but achy. The osteoporosis is one side-effect I feel is a real threat as my joints are making sounds when I move them (like my shoulders and hips).

I hope that your scan comes out clear, and that you continue to feel better, minus the trade-offs, as Annie put it perfectly!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote