View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pred changes the sodium /potassium balance and

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
Nicky,
Thank you so much for this post!!! The timing is perfect. I can tell you I HATE prednisone more every day. I am having alot of side effects too. My latest is spasms in my sides and feet. I see my Neuro on Jan 12 and am going to talk to him about it. I also have insomnia on my Pred days, and I am definitely retaining water. I think you are onto something about it being related to salt intake. It is much worse on days when I have eaten too much salt the day before. I LOVE salty food so a low salt diet is very hard for me!!! I am feeling so down over all of this and want so badly to come off the Pred but it is the only thing that helps me have somewhat of a normal life. Does anyone know how long most people are on Pred before they start weaning them back off? I am scared I am going to be on it for a long, long time. I have been working way to much this week and it is catching up to me so I think I am starting to feel drained and depressed. I am just not sure what people are supposed to do. I can't work like I used to but if I don't then I can't make the money I need to pay bills. I am seriously considering applying for disability. Have any of you been successful in getting it the first time you applied? Hang in there Nicky!!! At least you are lowering your dose. Please keep me posted on how your symptoms do as you continue to lower your dose.
Kendra
I have found using a potassium supplement from the vitamin store cured the spasms in my hands and feet.
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote