View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know that this is an old post, and I hope that Kater is doing well, but I just wanted to share how sickened I am with what that rheumatologist said- how heartless, and criminal to decide what life is worth living--God!

I've wanted to get back into swimming which I used to do a lot before I started getting really sick. I stopped because of the arm weakness and the feeling that my limbs weighed a ton afterwards, but I've never attempted it while being on mestinon...

I'm excited about exercising...I started doing some yoga poses which are really hard (not sure if it's the MG, being really outta shape, yoga's just flat-out harder than it seems, or all!), but my legs do feel stronger and I think that it's helping my back pain...The hardest part is exercising my arms...I used to be able to do like 30-push ups, no joke, now I'm afraid to try even two because my arms are really weak plus the sternotomy (I don't think that the bone has completely healed due to the prednisone).

Let's just say that my sterum isn't completely healed, do you think it's safe to try push-ups in light of this (if it were true, which I can't tell)?

What exercises do you all do? I often wonder what is 'MG tolerance' and normal tolerance...I've started doing jumping jacks, and get winded pretty early on...There was a point a long time ago when i could do 200, but I can only do about 30 now....It's prolly the MG and being really outta shape combo..
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote