View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Desert,

After I had a wisdom tooth removed a couple of years back, I noticed that my tongue took forever to not be paralyzed anymore and I noticed some additional problems. I was convinced that the numerous mercury fillings I have somehow got compromised during the removal and maybe 'leaked' into my system.

I asked my dentist if he thought that removing them would help. He said that removing them is usually more dangerous than leaving them in as this will definately result in leaking. He said that he doesn't believe that mercury fillings cause illness, but taking them out sure can. He said that he can take them out if I want, plus he'll make more money, but he doesn't believe in it, so I didn't do it.

How many fillings did you have removed, and what made you decide to have them remove at that time?

I lived in an infested apartment for a year prior to getting really sick. By infested, I mean there were mice and roaches The building wasn't maintained at all- there were people with drug/alcohol abuse problems sleeping in the staircase, poop in the staircase and garbage disposal (which I never entered due to it seeming like the scene from a horror film)...I had complained numerous times to the health depot., but it took forever for them to process my complaint. Anyway, I sprayed my apartment myself many times with insect-repellant, and I felt extremely ill afterwards- dizzy, weak, foggy-brained...

I definately think that there's truth to the chemical-angle, especially in light of the case studies in that book....The fact that that many people developed at least one autoimmune disease (and many developed multiple) in one small town is unheard of...But I do agree that there are many things that can set-off the system in susceptable people- but what makes them even susceptable in the first place? Like why are minority women more likely to get Lupus than white women, and why do white women get it too, albeit, less often?

There's a place in Ontario called Sarnia and many Aboriginal women are getting Lupus and other autoimmune diseases, and Mesothelioma is much more common there...Well, there are multiple chemical plants there that manufactures plastics and such...The ratio of female to male births is 2:1...male conceptions often miscarry...

http://www.environmentaldefence.ca/t...rniaAdults.htm

Chemicals definately affect us, but it's hard to quanitify it sometimes, but the above is a blatant, in-your-face demonstration of how chemicals affect our health...

I think that we all sorta have this intuitive sense of knowing what may have triggered our illnesses, though- not very scientific, but striking in its similarity to other people's experiences nonetheless...
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (01-11-2010), jana (01-11-2010)