View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Nicknerd;609502]Desert,
How many fillings did you have removed, and what made you decide to have them remove at that time?
QUOTE]

I had two fillings removed two different times...and I remember having a metalic taste in my mouth that faded over a few weeks.

The first time I had two fillings removed because one had a new cavity and the other one was in bad shape according to the dentist. This was a long time ago, about 1995.

I developed many allergies including a nickel allergy over the next 6 months or so and my doctor at the time recommended not getting the silver fillings because they contain a small amount of nickel (or something else I had tested allergic to, I am not positive it was nickel) and he thought I might be allergic to my current fillings.

So when I got a cavity earlier this year I decided to get the two nearby fillings removed too.

From now on, if I need any silver/mercury fillings removed I am going to make sure the dentist takes precautions so I don't get exposed to mercury. Not all dentists do this, but I have found one in my area that does and I plan to go see him next time.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-11-2010)