View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "Crying" a song for healing

There is a song that is being played on the radio here regularly by a group called Madison Violet. I've always liked it, but never really listened to it closely until today. While singing along belting the words at the top of my lungs, tears were streaming down my face. I was thinking of the tragedy dear Kate and her family is facing, I thought of dear DC's difficult situation and I thought about all the suffering everyone here endures daily. It's a strangely upbeat song so I I looked it up on Google...

Crying, seems to be a song from a loved one to her brother. Over a lilting melody, the message is simple:

"It's not a bad world, brother/

It's not a bad world/

Crying your eyes out/

It's all about crying your eyes out/

Cry on me now."

To me it could be about my brother who died far too young but it could also be about a sister or a friend, anyone who needs a shoulder to cry on. It could be about me when I need a shoulder to cry on...

Have a listen, it's quite beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwpxLYUqqc4

Sometimes it does the soul good to just have a really good cry.

Warm wishes.

MsL
"When humans learn to be gratefully present every moment, they become angels. It’s not the wings that make the angel, but the message of courageous presence and creative acceptance, no matter what the moment brings: “Fear not!”" Gratefulness.org

Last edited by Mslday; 01-11-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (01-13-2010), hope4thebest (01-13-2010), SandyRI (01-12-2010), SandyS (01-12-2010), vannafeelbettr (01-12-2010)