View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 04:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hey, my brain is working better!

Well, I cut out the statins at least 6 weeks ago and I notice that my memory seems much better.... but this evening I noted that my propensity to "pick the wrong but same-sounding word" and to write incomplete sentences and to make endless spelling errors seems to have fallen to levels that I have not experienced since......

and I think back.... and they started about the time I got on disability, thus on Medicaid... And I was put on statins AND on Lamictal (lamotrigine) at virtually the same time, but as seizure meds are known for memory problems, I blamed them ... tho I was disappointed that even at only 100mg a day for several months now, my typing and memory were as rotten as ever.

If it hadn't been for the links you provided me, I'd still be in the dark and clueless about my improving memory. I called my mom and told her about it - she was first put on statins 5 years ago and all of us figured she just had alzheimers... but maybe not. She decided to go off it. Afterall, when you are almost 84 and have no signs of carotid clogging, you probably won't live long enough for a statin to make a huge difference. She eats a very low fat diet anyway and is very active.

I got to thinking about my cholesterol levels - and realized that I really don't remember how much they are (I've only asked for printouts a couple of times)... and I've decided to get a copy of the very first three - on nothing, on statins, then on the statin-niacin combo... and finally my 3-month on niacin alone reading. I'll get back with all those numbers someday.

I love the photo of your cat. I got myself a kitten for Christmas - and she is a very domineering fearless cat.... but also so loving, cuddles and snuggling and licks... And the dog adores her - they are so darling cuddled up together sleeping or the dog on her back while the cat gnaws on her throat.

Hope you still get to your summer retreats along with your cat...

Teri

OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-12-2010)