View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too thought that if there was any worsening of behaviors after taking Prozac, this is a possible indication of Bipolar illness.

Is it at all possible for this person to get to a doctor? Perhaps at a low cost clinic, if no insurance is available.

The family should take into consider family genetics. And begin to make mental note or even record their dau's behaviors. What behaviors are they seeing? Is she happy, sad, anxious? Are there times that are worse than others? Do certain medications make things worse or better?

I do think Vitamin D3 would be good, also magnesium. These are only guesses.

Fish Oil could be helpful.

The B Vitamins might help, but again, I would start on small dosages and be very watchful. If they are "activating," then lower the dosage or eliminate.

I would encourage the family to read up on both of these dx's and visit other boards re: the topics.

If the Prozac is clearly a problem, I would speak with the prescribing doctor and consider lowering or weaning off of this medication.

There are other meds that might be safer. Some that might work for a multitide of dx's....something to consider.

By the way, how are her sleeping habits? If she is having difficulties sleeping, I would take the magnesium at night and perhaps a low dosage of Melatonin as well.

It would be very helpful if she could see a doc and get a dx. Then you could get a much better idea of supplements that might help.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 01-12-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote