View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Violet green,
this is exactly what I call PD dyslexia, this misspelling of words - I call it that because I am really familiar with dyslexia, and it seems to have it's correlates with it, and to link this up with what Peg posted, with kids with learning disabilities, it is called executive function disorder, so why do they want to label it impending dementia with us!!

It comes and goes according to how well medicated I am, as do the speech and tip of the tongue things, so it means it is not permanent, the brain connections are there, do others feel this too?

If so, then there is hope for strategies to overcome this type of problem............ there is a long way to go in helping patients, I know about Lee Silverman and other stuff, but this is not generally offered to patients to improve quality of life, we have to search out someone who knows something, and THEN we have to search out the therapy........ in the past these things have been put down to the aging process, but I beg to differ!! And if THESE issues could be improved, then there must be others..... it isn't all about taking medication and pharma coffers........... and then while I am sure some of it is genuinely PD and would not discount that, I am also sure that some medications do not improve executive function, and some absolutely assist in disordering our long suffering brains!

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote