View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default exercize and MG and fibromyalgia

Nicky,
I totally agree that the Dr. who said this must not have a heart. It makes me angry to think that ANYONE, let alone a Dr. thinks they have the right to decide who has a quality of life and who doesn't!!!

I basicly just walk for exercise but have been thinking about trying yoga myself. It's been too cold to walk outdoors.I've heard great things about it. I think you are right about it being a combo of things making it difficult. I have noticed my tolerance for exercise isn't what it used to be either. I think if you have any doubt that your sternum is completely healed you shouldn't do any push ups. Maybe you could use light hand weights and just do some toning/strengthening for now. Keep me posted on how the yoga goes after you get used to it. I have never done yoga before but have it on demand through my cable company. I need to give it a shot one of these days soon.
Sounds like you're doing pretty good. How is it going tapering down on your Pred? I saw my neuro today and he is ready to start tapering mine down. One one hand I am thrilled but on the other I'm scared. He said it is time and if I start back sliding we will have to start another type of immunosuppressant. I am battling bronchitis and a sinus infection right now so he told me not to start tapering until I am completely over that. Hopefully my sleep and eating habits will straighten out again soon!!!
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote