Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tyson,

I totally agree with Dana! When I first read your post, I couldn't believe that you were denied plasmapheresis- you have breathing difficulties and have already had to be ventilated...I think that you should double-check with them and fight it if you can...PLEX is the fastest-working- you sound like you could be on your way to a crisis, and need something that'll work quickly. IViG can take longer to work than PLEX...I really don't get it...I hear that IViG is more expensive than PLEX too, so it's strange...

My breathing is bad, but I've never had a crisis that required ventilation, so it's hard to say what might lead to a crisis, or worsen a situation...I know that anything that tires out my muscles can lead to paralysis when I'm really bad, although my main area is the tongue, but breathing happens all day so you're working those muscles constantly...I feel for you...

It sounds like you're having a rough time with your MG, and maybe taking some time off of school might be in order..but if you start the PLEX, you can prolly go back to school because it works super fast, especially in light of the fact that you're now on prednisone, you've had a set of PLEX within the last couple of months and have had a thymectomy...I think that the PLEX will work more effectively this time...

Good luck!
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote